April 29, 1849 (Sunday)

Unexpectedly this has been a beautiful day—Clear and pleasantly warm.  Went to St. Philip’s in the morning and afternoon and to a German Reformed church this evening.  The sermon in the morning was excellent in the afternoon tolerable, and in the evening no gospel sermon at all.

To the extent Nathan has a “regular church,” it is St. Philip’s.  He first mentions it on January 21.

The German Reformed Church is at Fourth and Sassafras (now Race) Streets. The church, built in 1837, still exists and is used by the United Church of Christ.

This entry was posted in Churches. Bookmark the permalink.